Every once and a while a blogger just needs to throw up a post of random thoughts. None of these are worthy of posts on their own, but maybe they are interesting enough collectively.
- I always get a little nervous when I pull onto a city highway and don’t see any cars behind me or before the next bend in the road. This happens sometimes on I-95 at Charleston even in the middle of the day. Each time, I catch myself wondering what everyone else knows that I don’t.
- There are few things more enjoyable than watching a baby right on the verge of sleep. When I get to rock Cole to sleep, I love watching his eyes fight sleep until they finally succumb.
- I wish I didn’t like Sheryl Crow as much as I do. I don’t usually get into that kind of music, but that lady can jam.
- There is no group of people that I collectively despise more than the TSA. If it wasn’t for one buddy of mine that is a bag scanner, I think it’d be upgraded to hatred. I haven’t lost my temper in years and years, but each time I go thru the airport security I can hardly contain myself. They illustrate that “it is the nature and disposition of almost all men (and women), as soon as they get a little authority, as they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise unrighteous dominion.” There is certainly a better way. San Francisco has a private company do security and it is a wonderful relief to travel there.
- I believe that habitual tardiness is an external sign of a much larger internal problem. It will have an affect on how you run much of your life.
- I have a strange habit of picking up on too-often used phrases. I’ve written before about this but I have another one. How come everyone starts their food orders with , “Can I get a…?” Next time you’re at an eating establishment, listen to others when they order. I don’t know why it’s so wide-spread. I prefer, “I’ll have…” After all, you are giving an order, not begging.
- Did you know that the sheer size of Jupiter protects Earth regularly? The gravitational pull is so strong that it pulls in asteroids and comments that might otherwise make it further into the solar system and endanger us? This fact makes me feel small, but important. Tonight in your prayers, throw a little gratitude up for Jupiter.
Alright, I think I got all the little tidbits out of my system.