I have been requesting help from the online Mac community, and most have been coming here for further clarification. I thought that I would write a quick post for those coming here on account of the competition:
For those who are using Macs running Tiger, I am looking to collect as many different dashboard variations screenshots as possible. In order to do this, I am offering a prize.
To take a screenshot, activate dashboard then push Cmd+Shift+3. The screen shot will be saved to your desktop. Attach that screenshot to a email and send to “email@example.com” with “Dashboard” in the subject line.
1) Any Screen Resolution is ok.
2) Send in as many as you’d like, but be sure that each one is different. (change out widgets, move them around, or have a different desktop behind the dashboard.)
3) Please be aware of any personal info you may have on your dashboard, such as a WAN ip address.
4) Multiple submissions will be grouped by email address so be sure to send from the same address each time. More then one screenshot per email is ok.
5) The contest will end Monday Aug, 15, 2005.
A $30 iTunes Music Store gift certificate will be given to the person that sends in the most screenshots of different Dashboard variations.
Also, another $30 iTunes Music Store gift certificate will be given to a random submitter. (Each person will have the same chance, no matter the amount of screenshots they sent in.)
Good luck to all those that have already submitted, and those who will be joining them.
Update: I have had some questions as to why I want these. I should have said it in the first place. I intend to make Mosaic type posters, using all the screen shots as tiles. I always thought that it would be neat to have a poster like that hanging in my officeâ€¦but was never fully eager to do all the screen shots myself, as it would take a long long time. I am hoping for a good variety of background colors behind the dashboard as well to fill colors nicely.
I do intend to make the image file available to the public in case they want to print off their own poster.
We’ve had good submissions so far. Keep them coming!
Update 2- The contest is now complete. See here for details