A short list of thoughts:
- I think that the whole world eats toast the wrong way. Try eating it with the butter side down. If you’re going to get the calories anyway, let your taste buds have that butter bath.
- What is it about the Beach Boys music that can make you feel so care free and young again? I rarely turn them on, but when they come up in an iTunes shuffle it’s like instant childhood.
- Among my gifts for Christmas were slippers, ties, and a bottle of aftershave. Am I officially a dad now?
- This time of year, a common questions seems to be, “What is your New Year’s Resolution?” Personally, I resolved to increase my knowledge thru reading more books. But, I think you’re setting yourself up for failure when a goal is made so generally so I had to plan it out.
I have divided the year into 26 two-week periods. I’ve assigned a book to each period. I have reminder emails coming as to when each book should be started, and another email coming half way thru the period so I know that I should be half way done at that point. I do most of my reading in the morning before Cole and Candace get out of bed and surely you’ll be seeing some book reviews here as I finish the better ones.
- This past week while I was in San Francsico, I watched the movie “The Great Debaters.” It was an excellent movie. If you can’t get out to see it, add it to your Netflix Queue so you’re sure to see it later.