Take a look at some recent photos and the gear that I’m currently using. As usual, you can contact me with any questions.
- Canon R5 – After using Canon DSLR cameras for 15+ years, I was eager to try their new mirrorless lines. The Canon R wasn’t quite enough camera for me, but I love everything about the R5. I also replaced all my EF lenses with RF versions.
- Canon RF 24-70mm F2.8 L – This is the lens used most often around the house. It’s also the one I keep on the camera for walk-around travel.It’s sharp and fast.
- Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8 L – This lens is a bit larger, though much smaller than it’s EF predecessor. It’s ideal for sports, animals, portraits, beach outings, stage plays, etc. Anything that requires a little zoom from a distance. I’d really like to add the Canon RF 100-500mm L lens for more zoom at some point but I haven’t made the purchase yet.
- iPad Pro – The iPad has become so powerful and offers a beautiful screen. It’s so great to edit photos on. I pair mine with the Apple Smart Keyboard Folio and bring it on all my travels.
- Apple USB-C to SD Card Reader – I use this to move photos from the Canon to the iPad. It’s super fast to transfer, adds a nice backup, and let’s me start editing right away.
- iPhone 13 Pro – As usual, the best camera is the one you have with you. When I don’t have the Canon, the iPhone does the trick.
- Apple Photos App – The default Photos too has gotten so good at syncing and storage, I keep everything in there now. Even the edit features are good most of the time.
- Pixelmator Photo – When I need a little better editing, or the ability to remove parts of the photo, this app is wonderful to use on iPhone and iPad.